OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
"For GOD has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
- 2 Timothy 1:7
SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS TYPICALLY INCLUDE:
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 or one or more of the following:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
- Rarely gastrointestinal symptoms.
FACTORS THAT MAY INCREASE THE SEVERITY/SERIOUSNESS OF CORONAVIRUS INFECTION:
- Age 60 or older
- Underlying medical conditions including, but not limited to:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Chronic Heart Disease
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Patients currently receiving treatment for cancer
- Medications or other medical conditions that cause suppression of the immune system.
STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM CORONAVIRUS OR THE FLU:
- If you have not already received your Flu Vaccine, please do so. Flu season will generally last through the end of May and it is important to protect yourself.
- Clean your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue over your nose and mouth if possible, otherwise use the inside of your elbow.
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK.
We are requesting if you are sick or have recently been exposed to someone that is sick that you not come into the office and you call to reschedule your appointment. We will accommodate your needs and reschedule your appointment in a timely fashion.
If you are diagnosed with COVID it is important that you receive treatment within the first 5-7 days of your symptom onset.
If you are 65 or older and/or have any underlying health conditions (listed above) you need to receive IV Monoclonal Antibodies. All patients diagnosed with COVID are now eligible to receive antibody infusions. We have several locations in Memphis and if you are my patient I may order this treatment for you.
All other patients need treatment with an oral multi-drug therapy consisting of two (2) prescription medications that I may prescribe for you if you are my patient and some over the counter vitamin/supplements.
Below are links to 2 websites that your family members or friends that are not my patients may visit to receive the necessary medications via telehealth.
Local Antibody Infusion Locations
Methodist on Hacks Cross (901) 516-2255
Hope Primary Care, 5658 Rex Road, Memphis (901) 512-4632
People First Urgent Care, Millington (901) 873-0930
Baptist Hospital, Memphis (901) 227-7070 (Baptist requires a doctor's order)
Baptist DeSoto (844) 877-2433
Vitamins you can source yourself
You may take these daily if you have not had COVID. They are part of the early treatment protocol and have shown success at lessening the severity of symptoms if you do contract COVID.
- Quercetin - 500 mg (If you test positive for COVID bump this to twice a day)
- Zinc - 50 mg
- Vitamin C -1000 mg
- Vitamin D3 - 5000 i.u.
All are taken once daily.